Thursday, 2 September 2010

7th Week 30th of August

Tuesday and Wednesday were spent at Aston cluster transition workshop, leading the new first year students in a circus skills workshops. The aim being to ease new Students with the experience of coming to high school and an opportunity to socialise with their new class mates.
The groups were much larger than expected but the workshop leaders split the group in half and worked effectively with the large group, but larger groups meant that giving instructions and having some individual input with each student took away time from other planned activities.
It was a success in that every student joined in and gained something from the experience. I myself led the instruction of juggling and flower sticks. Its been awhile since I've instucted a group of that size, but handled it well I think, as the students joined in and followed my instruction.
Thursday I spent in the office, working further on the Tell Tales resource pack, looking over the Cicus Science packs. Don't at the moment feel the science pack is appropriate for its intended use.

No comments:

Post a Comment