Thursday, 2 September 2010

Sixth Week 26th of August

Tuesday and Wednesday I spent in the office working on a resource pack for the show Tell Tales. I began construction on a pack aimed as support material for teachers in primary schools, the pack consists of information about the show for example the synopsis and how it was devised, to info about Swamp Circus Trust. I also created worksheets and drama activities aimed at key stages 1 & 2 to be included in the pack.
Though I am confident in my skills creating literary and drama work for key stages 1 and 2, and the lay out of the resource pack is effective, I have limited design skills, so was unable to create a title page. This is an area I think I should develop further. Would like to learn to use the computer program Microsoft Photoshop.

Thursday was a really soggy but enjoyable day at Endcliffe Park.
Out doors for the day in a gorgeously green park, cafe to our left, children's play park to our right, perfect positioning for attracting passer bys attention. The weather was horrid, but the children joining in and really enjoying themselves kept us there playing all day. I tied banner to parks gates so passing traffic and pedestrians could see who we were, but think bigger promotional gear needed to look more professional.

Friday a workshop day fell through so I then went to the office, which led to to going over to Cliffton summer school to help manage a rather large excitable group of children perform the circus skills they had learnt over a week to their parents. Part of their show included every child going over the tight wire, I before hand would have thought this boring for an audience, but in this style of performancce parents enjoyed the opportunity to get their mobiles out and snap a picture. The time delay to their child's turn on the wire was a good thing in their eyes, may be something I consider for future work.

No comments:

Post a Comment